Yoga is an excellent way to prepare the mind, body and spirit for the many transitions of pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood. When a woman becomes pregnant, one of the first recommendations from her obstetrician or midwife may be to start practicing yoga.
Prenatal Yoga is safe for any trimester, and perfect for any level of yoga experience from beginner onward. In each class, you will be led step by step through therapeutic postures and alignment that will help stabilize your joints, connect to your breath and your baby, and find support, guidance, and inspiration for enjoying your journey and becoming the mom you want to be!
Why do Prenatal Yoga?
- Improve flexibility
- Build muscular strength
- Improve balance
- Reduce stress
- Reduce back pain & general aches and pains associated with pregnancy (sciatica, tightness, tension)
- Increase circulation and improve respiratory function
- Learn breathing techniques
- Improve sleep quality through positive effects of exercise and relaxation
- Prepare your body and mind for birth
- Connect to your baby & your body
- It’s also known that students who have taken prenatal yoga regularly throughout their pregnancy report having a more positive pregnancy and birth experience, as well as an easier postpartum transition.