With the Holidays just around the corner, we thought it would be a great opportunity to offer tips to our Metrowest customers on how to make this holiday season your best ever when it comes to maintaining your weight and fitness goals.
During the holiday season, people gain an average of five pounds, which doesn’t sound like much until you realize that if you don’t lose it again, that means that after 10 years of holidays, you could be 50 pounds heavier. The holidays are a time of parties, large meals, lots of sweet treats, and a sense of indulgence. Add to this the fact that most people are adjusting to the cold weather and putting their normal outdoor exercise routines on hold, and you have a double whammy.
Are you going to just lie down and take this double whammy? We didn’t think so.
Now is the time to rise up and meet the challenge head on. None of these circumstances should be able to dictate whether you maintain your health and vitality this holiday season.
So rather than wait for New Year’s to make a guilt-driven resolution, resolve now to make this holiday season different.
- What if, while all of your friends were whining and moaning about having overeaten, you were secretly smiling at how this was the month that you beat your personal best numbers?
- What if you could partake guilt-free in Aunt Rose’s fruitcake and your grandmother’s dark chocolate truffles because you had already burned hundreds of calories at the gym?
- What if you came through this holiday season unscathed by the creep of extra pounds, simply because you kept up your workout routine.
The Pathway to Success
Here at Every Body Balance, our goal is for all our customers to experience optimum health, fitness, and well-being–even during the holidays. But how do you get there? Here are some of our tips for your most successful holiday season yet.
- Be the one who brings the healthy snack to the holiday party so that there’s something to munch on that won’t make you feel bloated and groggy the next morning when you wake up to work out. Crackers layered with cream cheese, cucumber, and radish slices make a tasty, red-and-green treat, and yummy marinated chicken cubes will give you protein-fueled energy rather than a sugar high.
- Strategize your time management. If you’re like most people, your schedule is probably full, and adding in a holiday party will mean that something else has to go. Don’t let your exercise program be the thing the suffers! One of the ways to stay motivated is to attend a group class, where you’ll have the extra accountability and know you’ll be missed if you don’t show up. The more fun, the better, so try Zumba fitness if you haven’t already! Check out our calendar to get your schedule set up now.
- Think positive, not negative. Rather than saying to yourself, “I won’t have too many sweets,” “I can’t miss my workout,” and “I’d better not get fat,” fix your mind on the positive. “I will eat a healthy diet,” “I love being consistent in working out,” and “I can’t wait to have an even stronger core.” Negative thoughts send your brain in a toxic, downward spiral, but positive ones lift you up and give you a greater chance of success.
- Looking for Nutrition Seminars? We have those too, presented by instructor Lolly Brilliant and studio owner Susan Erdman. Lolly is certified by Precision Nutrition and has 36 years of experience in the wellness and fitness industry. Susan has a Masters Degree in Public Health from Harvard University, does scientific research at MIT and lectures internationally on health and nutrition. The first seminar will be held Sunday January 8th from 1-2PM at 162 Cordaville Road, Southborough, MA 01772.
- All attendees need to register in advance. On-Line Registration is now open.
We’re here to support you! Give yourself the gift of guilt-free success this holiday season and set yourself up for success by purchasing a bulk class package. Sign up now!